[thelist] from jsp to php: feasability

Howard Cheng howcheng at ix.netcom.com
Mon Jan 28 12:01:11 CST 2002

We had a similar problem with Websphere some time ago where it would crash
about once a day at the very least. Our solution was a lot simpler -- put
up a Squid proxy server in front of the web server so that takes the brunt
of your hits. When the web server restarts, most users won't notice because
they're hitting the Squid. For anything truly dynamic (for example, forms),
they get a message saying to try again in a few minutes. It's not the most
elegant solution, but it's quick and it works.

At 01:36 PM 1/28/2002 +0100, DESCHAMPS Stéphane DvSI/SICoR wrote:
>We're currently running an intranet with Webpshere and JSP/Java servlet -
>generated pages.
>
>The continuous recompiling crashes the server every so often (more than once
>a day) and my boss asked me to find an efficient replacement.

Howard Cheng
howcheng at ix.netcom.com
AIM: bennyphoebe
ICQ: 47319315