[thelist] Race/ethnicity list

rudy r937 at interlog.com
Mon Jan 28 21:32:00 CST 2002

> I'm looking for a list of Races/Ethnicities to use in a form.

hi ted

please realize my take on this is totally out of context, but i'd advise
you to make this form element optional

personally, i take offence at being asked stuff like that on a form, unless
you are the government and you have made a pretty convincing case that i
have to answer under threat of prosecution

you oughta see the gnashing and wailing that we go through every five years
here in canada when this question comes up on the census

if i recall correctly, on the last census this question included among the
possible choices the value "canadian" which i am sure totally messed up any
stats they were hoping to gain from it...

in any case, i often leave this question unanswered even when there is a
supposed to be a penalty

rudy