[thelist] Cancelling onKeyDown in Netscape 6

Matt Feldman mfeldman at wwwood.net
Tue Jan 29 11:32:01 CST 2002

I'm trying to stop the typing of text to enforce a maxlength on a
textarea by returning false to an onKeyDown.  It works fine in IE and
NN4 but Netscape 6 seems to ignore it.

Message: 28
From: "Michael Pemberton" <pemberton_m at hotmail.com>
To: thelist at lists.evolt.org
Subject: Re: [thelist] Cancelling onKeyDown in Netscape 6
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 14:37:51 +1100

What are you attempting to stop?  I ask because there are a few
solutions
depending on the purpose to be achieved.

For example, if you want to stop the selection of test, the ontextselect
method is the one your needing.