[thelist] double space between sentences

Erik Mattheis gozz at gozz.com
Wed Jan 30 01:40:00 CST 2002

>  > Well, if a client wants it, it's a good reason ...
>
>No. It's not. If the client wants it, it's up to you to find out why,
>especially when it sounds weird like it does in this case.

I think it's my responsibility as a designer to make sure the client
is making an informed decision, and produce the web site they expect
from me. I don't bill for time writing emails and phone conversations
... have many times thought about posting here about whether I should
be billing for that time. But I still think it's a gas that I can
actually pay rent from doing something that I think is fun ... dunno,
would like to hear what other independents consider "billable hours."

>http://www.microsoft.com/typography/fontpack/default.htm
>
>You should be able to see why Verdana, as well as screen-optimized releases
>of Arial, Times New Roman, and Courier are fantastic contributions to the
>legibility of type online.

Other than writing a few papers in college, I was a 100% Mac person
since the early 80's ... the first impression I got of Windows in 98
I think was "Christ these fonts are HORRIBLE! Is that an l or an I?
This kerning is absolutely random! (Why am I being asked if I really
want to shut down after I just clearly told the system to shut down?)

Comic Sans is is worse than AIDS, Twisted Sister, Enrongate, and a
urinary tract infection at the same time! It's the Geocities of fonts!

- Erik Mattheis

(612) 377 2272
http://goZz.com/