[thelist] CF query tip

Judah McAuley judah at wiredotter.com
Thu Jan 31 13:36:01 CST 2002

At 02:25 PM 1/31/2002 -0500, Raymond Camden expounded...
>Err - no. Unless I'm misreading you. StructCopy creates a true copy, not
>a pointer, but only of simple values. If the structure has a key that is
>a struct itself, that particular key in the new structore will be a
>pointer.

That's interesting and unexpected behavior.  I wouldn't have even thought
values would be duplicated and objects would get pointers.  Any idea why
that decision was made?  Why not just all copies or all pointers?

Good to know, though.  Reinforces my resolve to always use Duplicate
instead of StructCopy.

Judah