[thelist] trojan

Sharon F. Malone sfmalo at 24caratdesign.com
Fri Feb 1 08:35:01 CST 2002

Vic wrote:

> BTW, I've already seen a couple of REs making reference to McAfee Virusscan.
> I don't recommend it for several reasons.

Could you elaborate a bit? Why would you not recommend McAfee?

I have a special reason for asking since I've been a McAfee subscriber for quite awhile but just the other day got socked in the teeth when I did -two- scans for the MyParty virus. It did not pick it up ... and I had it!!!!!

When I found out its file name, I went ahead and deleted the REGCTRL.EXE file because I had an uncomfortable feeling that it was lurking somewhere. I had accidentally opened it (first time I've gotten caught doing the stupid act). So I did a Search, Find when I found out its name, and sure enuf, there it was big as life.

But I don't know what else to do now, not knowing how it has propagated itself. I promptly emailed McAfee Support but have not heard back from them yet.

Sharon
Sharon F. Malone
"web design and Internet writing services"
http://www.24caratdesign.com
sfmalo at 24caratdesign.com