[thelist] OT: Security Clearances

Scott Brady evolt at scottbrady.net
Fri Feb 1 13:45:00 CST 2002

Thanks to everyone for the responses (both offlist and onlist).

The one employer who I had contact with (my question was actually about a
lot of job listings I've seen asking for a current clearance) asked if I had
a clearance. I said no, but there was no reason I couldn't get one, and she
said that applicants had to actually have a current clearance.

And, it looks like you can't get one on your own (which makes sense,
particularly with security concerns since 9/11 . . . would you want your
government to give licenses to people without an employment justification?).

I can't think of a single tip I haven't already used, so I guess I owe.

Scott  (I will work for tips :) )