[thelist] [OT] Corporate email hosting

Bob Fowler bob at aimgroup.net
Fri Feb 1 14:49:01 CST 2002

Hello all,

We currently provide hosting for 5,000 mail accounts for our largest client.
However, the mail server software that we use (Post.Office) is no longer
being sold, and support will be discontinued shortly.

When we initially decided to host the accounts, it was more as a favour than
in any hopes of making a profit.  Our generosity got the best of us however,
and we were quickly inundated by the users requesting new accounts,
forwarders etc. (I'm sure you can imagine!).

As we would still need to find new software, transfer the accounts and then
provide support for this new server, we have decided that we would like to
outsource the hosting of the accounts.

Does anyone on the list have any recommendations for companies that provide
email hosting? How are they for support?  Cost *is* an issue, as we are
currently only billing our client for about $0.75 per month, per user.

Thanks,

Bob.

p.s. We are also in the market for purchasing new mail server technology for
ourselves to use internally... Any recommendations for windows based
software?  I have been looking at iMail and MailMax.  Thanks!