[thelist] SQL syntax

Susan Wallace susanhw at webcastle.com
Fri Feb 1 22:30:00 CST 2002

Once again rudy, you RULE!

That works like a charm! Thank you VERY much!

I copied/pasted this into the SQL "window" in Enterprise Manager, checked
syntax, it was Ok, so I ran it and all of the records that I needed came up.

<snip>
>     where convert(char(10),dbo.Member_Info.ExpDate,102) =
>          convert(char(10),
>        convert( datetime,
>        dateadd( day, -datepart(day,getdate()), dateadd(month,1,getdate()) )
>                     ) , 102)

Also, thank you for the explanation - that all makes sense, even to my
over-tired brain. :)

Susan
<tip type="Frustration Point">
If you have been staring at a problem for many hours, searching the web,
and just not "getting it", post a message to this list and take a break.
When you come back, there will most likely be at least one response that
will get you restarted in the right direction. And if you are working on
SQL syntax, rudy will be kind enough to take time out of his day to give
you the *exact piece of information* that you needed. ;-)
</tip>