[thelist] PHP/MySQL help required

Jason Lustig lustig at acsu.buffalo.edu
Sat Feb 2 20:01:15 CST 2002

>Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in
>/home/sites/site108/web/mrw/customers/login.php on line 18

That's probably because you haven't connected to the database, afawk.
mysql_query() takes the SQL command *and* a connection ID... you need to do
this:

$connection = mysql_connect( [args] );

(I forget what the argument order is off the top of my head, go read the
manual :D)

Then you do this... as I said, I forget the argument orders off the top of
my head so you might have to move the arguments around:

$result= mysql_query($connection, $SQL);

I hope that helped...

--Jason