[thelist] Why code for standards

Bill Haenel bill at webmarketingworx.com
Sun Feb 3 10:42:00 CST 2002

> The top reason for writing valid code is to demonstrate which way the wind
> is blowing in the development world. Writing valid code will send a clear
> signal that browsers need to be compliant in their handling of
> what we code.

Unfortunately, this would likely not make a convincing argument with those
who hold the pocketbook. I doubt they care if the wind is blowing up the _ss
of the development world! When we can prove in plain, executive summary
English (or whatever language) that you can not only save money, but more
importantly make money by coding for standards, then you can sell the idea
to anybody.

But I think we may have had this conversation here before a few times,
haven't we!?

BH