[thelist] Parameters from Dreamweaver to flash

Simon Hibbard shibbard at seri.co.uk
Mon Feb 4 11:48:01 CST 2002

Hi All,

I have used flash to develop some buttons which I want to use
over a web page - each should open a new URL.

I see how to set parameters via Dreamweaver to be passed into
the Flash movie but cannot seem to find how to access these
parameters,

in Dreamweaver the param is ---  link --- with a value "url...."

and in Flash i have an action

on (press) {
    getURL (link, "_blank");
}

I take it i need to collect this param first or something but how??
Or am i doing this flash button thing in a stupid way - i just don't
want hardcoded URLs in the Flash movie.

TIA,

Simon.