[thelist] allowing users to use FTP to download a client's executable from their web site

Kristy Frey kristenannfrey at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 4 12:03:00 CST 2002

Most (dare I say all) FTP Serving Packages allow you to set up which directories on the FTP server
are accessible as anonymous.  Then you can put the "clients executable" in the directory that is
set up to accept anonymous ftp.

If you know who is managing the FTP server where you are at, you should contact them -

OR if your site is hosted somewhere that has "directory browsing" enabled, create a new directory
for the "client's executables" and make sure there is no index.htm or index.html page file in that
directory.  Then visitors to that folder via http://www.yoursite.com/myspecialfolder/
should be able to download the executables.

=====