[thelist] OT - A+ Certification Path

Michael Goddard michael at tdh-marketing.com
Mon Feb 4 12:37:01 CST 2002

I know this is pretty much off topic compared to the list subject, however I
know there are some extremely knowledgeable and friendly people on the list
to whom I believe I can get an honest answer from.

I currently work in web development.  Mainly working with HTML, PHP, mySQL
and web graphics.  I am looking to expand my skills and really like working
with computer hardware.  Would it be a viable or worthy investment to look
into the CompTIA A+ Certification?  If so would it be better for instructor
lead or book course?  Money is an issue so I know many of the instructor
lead paths are a bit out of my range so I have been looking at web based
information and have found a few A+ Certification tutorials on the web and
practice tests etc...

Any recommendations as far as good tutorials or books if this is a good path
to go with?

Once again, I apologize for going off topic and appreciate any feedback and
help with this.

Michael