[thelist] WAS Why code, POV, Clarify Standards, et. al.

Bev Corwin bev at enso-company.com
Tue Feb 5 12:24:00 CST 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: <jay.blanchard at thermon.com>
To: <thelist at lists.evolt.org>
Sent: Tuesday, February 05, 2002 10:06 AM
Subject: [thelist] WAS Why code, POV, Clarify Standards, et. al.

> www users vs. the demographics of the W3C
>
> Are you referring to Joe Q. User, or are you referring to Alice A.
> Webdesigner? The difference, I believe, is important.

I believe I'm referring to any and all users.  I believe they should all be
considered, or at least, not ignored.

> There is a rule in physics which states, "The mere act of observation
> changes the observed." So if you "take issue with the access issues and
> organizational shortcomings of most of the standards and guidelines groups
> and their leadership's obvious biases, etc.  I believe they should all
> study the facts..." the facts are observed, and observation is modified to
> fit each bias...even yours. However, discussing this bias about facts in
> large groups still tends to get to the heart of the matter (i.e. I say the
> sky is baby blue, you say the sky is azure, and another says that the sky
> looks depressed....the distillation of this is blue).

Yes, and if you have a good diverse group,  you end up with a product that
will certainly better serve a good diverse group. Of course, eveyone will
have their various biases, etc... but thats all the more reason to insist on
diversity in the overall governance of the org, in the management,  in the
development of policies, and in the volunteer base.

> On exclusion; PAL is exclusive.... pot & kettle = black

Huh?  Wish to clarify this... you lost me.

Bev