[thelist] Insert text where cursor is in textarea using JavaScript

Ryan Carmody carmodyryan at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 5 16:00:00 CST 2002

Hi all,

I have a text area where an email message is to be typed.  There is also an
option to add a signature.  The code used to add the signature is as follows
-

document.main.message.value +=
unescape(signature_content(signature_selected));

This works fine, but always inserts the signature at the end of the message.
  I would like to be able to insert the signature where the cursor is.  A
problem came up when a user tried to insert their signature in an email they
were replying to...the signature appeared below the original messsage and
not below their response.  If anyone has any advice or ideas for me I would
greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
Ryan Carmody