[thelist] Re:Error in regular expression on IE for Mac

Allan Lund Jensen allan at balthazar.dk
Wed Feb 6 03:00:01 CST 2002

Hi,

Thanks for all the helpful suggestions.
In the end Liorean produced a solution that worked. So thanks a lot for
that.
Regular expressions aren't really my best subject ;)

IMHO it's slightly strange that there should be differences between Mac and
Windows in this case ... but what do I know.

Sam: The expression was actually for a small game (as you've all probably
noticed, the5k is on again this year;)). However, we will be doing some
compression at some point, though that will probably be a bit less
sophisticated. A member of the "project" actually tried to implement the
LZH-algoritm in Javascript, however the compressed code turned out to be
200% larger than the original :D
I guess it's back to the drawing board with that idea....

Allan