[thelist] CSS issues in IE6

MyNews mynews at supanet.com
Wed Feb 6 04:30:01 CST 2002

Hi Dave,

I have a similar situation with Mozilla (0.9.7) on our site. All other
browsers tested load the style sheet ok. However Mozilla totally ignores it.
Style sheet validates at w3c.
My pages are all coded with the standards doctype switch set, if I set to
quirks mode Moz loads the css ok. Loads ok locally off the hard drive
regardless.
Tried the page at a different host and it loads perfectly, in standards
mode.
I'm no server expert, and I have contacted our host (5 days and still no
response to 2 emails), but my guess is that it has something to do with the
mime type sent by the server. Think our host is not sending css as text/css.
Don't know how to check.
Think Moz gets picky in standards mode and even if you're saying it's css,
if it's not sending css file type it won't treat it as css and ignores it.
I do not have the same problem with IE6, but perhaps you have a different
build or something.

Just a thought.

James

From: "Dave Stevens" <stem at stemofficial.co.uk>