[thelist] Re: Why code for standards

Shirley Kaiser skaiser1 at skdesigns.com
Wed Feb 6 08:12:00 CST 2002

Martin,

Unless I misunderstand what the idea is here, Bill's idea is to have an
evolt group specifically for W3C stuff.  WaSP <http://www.webstandards.org>
is taking an active stance in trying to work with the browser companies,
software companies and all of us creating sites to actually adhere to the
standards that the W3C creates. So that's where I see the difference, but I
may not understand completely what Bill and Bev are getting at here.

BTW, I love the idea, and of course I'd be interested in being a part of
that (after April, as I'm swamped at the moment). And if something does
come of this, I'm on the WaSP Steering Committee, too, and I'd be happy to
be a "spokesperson" or liason between the 2 groups if that would be helpful
in some way, too.

Warmly,
Shirley
Shirley E. Kaiser, M.A.,  SKDesigns  mailto:skaiser1 at skdesigns.com
Web Site Design, Development     http://www.skdesigns.com/
WebsiteTips: Design Resources   http://www.websitetips.com/
Brainstorms and Raves  http://www.brainstormsandraves.com/

At 01:40 AM 2/6/2002, Martin P Burns typed: