[thelist] Re: Why code for standards

Jon Haworth jhaworth at witanjardine.co.uk
Wed Feb 6 14:22:01 CST 2002

> Ideally, to represent the point of view of web developers in creating
> standards and to prevent strange, unimportant or unrealistic details from
> cropping up in new standard documents so that standards created for the
WWW
> will address common concerns of the web developers actually using the
> standards.
> The main problems lie always in the details of the specs, not in the broad
> outline. If we could influence those details...

I know it's been mentioned by several people in this thread, but it seems to
me that apart from "none of us are big cheeses at W3", there's no difference
between this newly proposed list and the result you'll experience after
clicking on this: mailto:www-html-request at w3.org?subject=subscribe

Cheers
Jon