[thelist] Opera 6 Quirks

Peter-Paul Koch gassinaumasis at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 7 04:19:00 CST 2002

>I have a site I'm working on http://www24.brinkster.com/webdad/cfn/ that
>looks good in MSIE 5.5 and NN 6.2 but Opera 6 is throwing me.  I'm not real
>familiar with fixes for Opera but this is what's wrong.
>
>On the staff.htm page each description is in a separate table and each
>description is going to have the employee's image.  What I'm seeing so far
>is that the first descriptive table is pushed to the right and I'm not sure
>what's causing this.  Any idea's?

All widths in the tables.

<TD width=85%>

It wouldn't surprise me if the td with the info is now .85 * .83 * .87 =
52% of the page. Remove some of the widths.

Also, I really think you should remove most of the tables, only keep the
topmost one. These tables are really totally unnecessary. At the moment the
page is 383K! Really too much.

ppk