[thelist] Free Tip (addenum)

Simon Dell simondl at epic.co.uk
Thu Feb 7 06:27:00 CST 2002

><tip type="testing" author="Garrett Coakley">
>
>Don't forget, that since release 0.9.7, Mozilla has had an inbuilt DOM
>Inspector which allows you, amongst other things, to highlight different
>elements of a page, inspect JS actions attached to elements etc.
>
>More info at: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/inspector/
>
></tip>

You can also download from Microsoft a thing for IE4/5+ that does similar
sounding work. I find it most useful for getting the URLs of movie clips
that usually don't show up properly in the "View Source" window... er..
maybe i shouldn't admit that? Anyway, it shows the entire IE DOM of the
page. very handy. The mozilla one is probably better in the sense of
greater standards compliance..?

Sadly, a quick search of the MS site reveals that the plug in is difficult
to find.. i couldn't find it since they moved everything 'round, so this
really isn't that useful a message. Oops.

Simon