[thelist] Re:Re:Site Check

Bill Bejeck bethbejeck at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 7 08:05:00 CST 2002

Thanks so much for all the input into http://billb.his.com/mg_web.htm It
must be painfully obvious that I am a newbie!  I have some additional
specific questions:

How can I position my DHTML off of a TD tag?  I tried using offsetLeft and
offsetTop i.e. e.srcElement.offsetLeft etc, but it puts the menu at the top
of the page.  I want the menu to come up at the left, bottom corner.  Right
now I am using hardcoded coordinates but it does not work well for different
screen sizes.

The page is terrible in NN4+.  I know this is because of CSS and JS issues.
I know many do not like redirecting a user to a different page based on the
user's browser, but it would require allot of code to accommodate NN4+ users
so I thought it would make sense to redirect to a whole new page for NN4+
Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Bill