[thelist] Newbie - JSP help

Chris Evans chris at fuseware.com
Thu Feb 7 09:40:00 CST 2002

A WAR file encapsulates JSP, HTML and EJBs into a single file for
distribution.  It's more of a distribution method than a development
process. If you are not using EJBs, I'm not sure you need to use WAR files.

I'm also in the process of learning JSP/EJB/Servlet. You may want to look at
HPAS, which is HP's free Java Application server.  They have a nice tool
called RadPak (also free) which will compile WAR files for you.

Chris Evans
chris at fuseware.com
http://www.fuseware.com