[thelist] Netscape 4.7 and CSS

Anne Thorniley anne at beerintheevening.com
Thu Feb 7 10:29:01 CST 2002

I'm having a problem getting NS4.7 to deal with a stylesheet. I've got
<link rel="stylesheet" href="/management/admin.css" type="text/css">
in the <head> of a page, but the server is sending it with a Content-type
of text/plain. IE and NS6 seem to cope fine, but NS4.7 ignores the
type="text/css" and believes what the server tells it, and ends up
displaying the source of admin.css instead of the page I want.

Is there anything I can do about this that doesn't involve including the
whole of the definitions from admin.css in the page itself? (Bearing in
mind that I can't change the server configuration, which would
obviously be the ideal solution.)

Thanks,

Anne

--