[thelist] avoiding spam question

Douglas Rehg drehg at fishcicle.com
Thu Feb 7 14:55:01 CST 2002

If you don't mind skipping the users default email program, set up a form
that accepts input, send it to an action script that will get the email
address from the db, and forward it from within the web app.  That's not
the best answer, but definitely better than playing post master yourself
manually.

Or even have a script set up so that when user A wants to send email to
user B, they submit a request via your app to get the users email address,
maybe with a short message attached with the reason they want to email user
B.  Then, embed in the email that your web app sends to user B a link to
allow or deny user A access to the email address.  Finally, if user B
allows the access, then the script can email the address to user A.

Jeff Schneider typed at 03:38 PM 2/7/02 -0500....