[thelist] Pop-up menus in Flash

John Dowdell jdowdell at macromedia.com
Thu Feb 7 15:27:00 CST 2002

At 4:50 PM 2/5/2, Kevin B. O'Brien wrote:
> I would like to do that, but I am not an expert in Flash, so
> I thought I would ask if anyone knows of any tutorials that
> might explain how to do this.

There are various types of menus possible, and more tutorials out there
than menu types. But it may be faster than that too, because you can use a
Smart Clip as a component... just auto-install it into your Flash authoring
environment and you can customize it without coding.

For instance, if you'd like those twirly-bar menus used for navigation on
the Macromedia site, then you can do so without scripting... searching for
"menu" at the Macromedia Exchange for Flash pulls up a ready-built
component:
http://www.macromedia.com/exchange/flash/

jd