[thelist] Page Check Please

Donald Noble donaldrnoble at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 7 17:28:00 CST 2002

:I have MSIE 5.5 and NN 6.2 and it seems fine, Opera 6 may be a mute point
:since it doesn't see the pop-up menu anyway. If y'all wouldn't mind
checking
:this on some earlier browser versions, that would be great.
:
:Here's the link
:http://www24.brinkster.com/webdad/cfn/staff.htm
:
:Thanks,
:Bob

Your menu is a bit funny in both IE 6, the pop-out menu doesn't align very
well with the button. It is also VERY slow.

In both IE 6 and Opera 6 the news 13 graphic sits OVER your text.
	screenshot at http://www.drnoble.co.uk/ss

The page in general: long, and that animated gif will be S L O W to load at
382KB!!! approx. 1-2 minutes on a dial up connection. it doesn't even add
anything to the site.

The page is also very dark, perhaps that's intentional.

I didn't find your popout menu very easy to use, it was not very readable,
and it not aligning, and being rather slow, didn't help.

The links at the top of the page: the first is completely pointless, it
points to the next line. I would also add some text to show that it's the
same page.

HTH
Donald