[thelist] Interview Questions

Tony Crockford tonyc at boldfish.co.uk
Fri Feb 8 11:14:01 CST 2002

>> Wow, you are only looking for ONE person to have all
>those skills? I hope you're paying them
>> extremely well, as programming is VERY different than
>designing web pages, in my opinion.
>
>Is that really to much to ask?  Do most shops that produce
>dynamic web content through the use of
>database data employ 2 people to create a dynamic web site
>(one to do the scripting and database
>interaction and the other to do the html)?

I think the distinction is in the *design* word.  I can do the data
and the html, but I wouldn't want you to make me do *design* too!

see here for what I mean:

http://www.boldfish.co.uk
http://www.hugobia.co.uk

<tip type="graphic protection" Author="Tony Crockford">

If you're looking for a neat way to identify your graphics when
they're swiped off your site have a look at this company's products:

http://www.signumtech.com/new/index.asp

No affiliation, just impressed by the efficacy.

</tip>