[thelist] SQL-usermanagement

Melvin Isken evolt at melvin-isken.de
Fri Feb 8 12:40:01 CST 2002

Hi out there!
I need to set up a MySQL-Server at school. I don´t know how to deal
with usermanagement and password-protection and so on.
I want to set up one database for every student and they shall be able
to access their db, but only theirs. I got a copy of phpmyadmin on the
server, but if I call it from different clients, it always uses the default
user (sure, its the same copy of it). If I use the db at evolt-webspace for
example, I get a popupwindow asking me for name and pwd. How do I
reach this?
Does anyone know where I can get good (beginner) tutorials or docs?
Thanks,
Melvin