[thelist] Interview Questions

Webmaster webmaster at archetype-it.com
Fri Feb 8 14:19:09 CST 2002

At 12:37 08/02/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>As an observation, the majority of people that I've heard make the above
>statement were back-end programmers who got frustrated with HTML and
>JavaScript (because it isn't 'real' programming) and therefore gave up on
>learning front-end design techniques (except maybe to format result sets in
>a table).

Fair enough, but that's not what I meant. I am technically capable of
producing correct HTML and writing Javascript (I do it all the time, as do
most other back-end programmers). But I'm useless at the visual aspect,
that is the creative part of coming up with a page that actually looks nice
(colours, fonts, graphics, proportions). This is the difference I was
referring to.

Veronica Yuill                 email: veronicay at archetype-it.com
Archetype Information Technology Ltd  http://www.archetype-it.com/english/