[thelist] HTML e-mail tracking

dan donaldson dan at omnivore.ca
Fri Feb 8 20:47:01 CST 2002

On Friday, February 8, 2002, at 01:34  PM, Scott Shou wrote:

>> Does anybody have any solid numbers from personal experience?

Having run an online survey site that was used by a large number or
individuals and companies, I can say that the only factor I ever saw
that affected response in a BIG way was incentives. One company ran an
online survey (notification by email - also an opt-in list) and the
recipients were told that they would get a free t-shirt if they filled
in the survey. From what I could tell, and what they told us, they
pulled almost 12%. They were delighted. You would think people had
enough t-shirts, but apparently not.

But without incentive, we got many reports of under 1% response. Your
number (150) may be low, but perhaps not by much.

HTH

dan