[thelist] Virtual Decision Making

Bev Corwin bev at enso-company.com
Sat Feb 9 15:58:00 CST 2002

My comments follow:
----- Original Message -----
From: <martin.p.burns at uk.pwcglobal.com>
To: <thelist at lists.evolt.org>
Sent: Saturday, February 09, 2002 3:41 AM
Subject: Re: [thelist] Virtual Decision Making

> Bev
>
> My understanding is that the legal requirements are different from
> any 'general understanding', and these take precedence.

Yes, that is what I'm learning too.  Do you know of any real life examples
where legally,  they have adopted a set of protocol, and where they can
legally operate according to whatever local corporation laws, etc.?  For
example,  I'm learning that in many US States,  corporation law does not
allow for email votes,  for example.  Do you know of anywhere where it is
legal or where organizations are implementing some kind or protocol that is
considered acceptable by State or local coporation law?

> Some companies (ours for one) have a per-message setting
> for business/non-business emails, and non-business footer (as
> below) is a bit shorter.
>
> Cheers
> Martin

Hmm... that is an interesting concept.  Does this allow for higher security
policies for these correspondences as well?  Is it possible to run functions
and services to pull the resulting information, or is it required that they
are manually compiled by a human in order to be considered legal decisions?
I find very little information on this,  would very much be interested in
any examples.  I know there are quite a few commercial conferencing systems,
but have any of them been accepted as legal anywhere for use in governance
of corporation or non profit corporations?

Thanks,
Bev