[thelist] OT: Email forwarding service recommendations (long term + free)

Aleem aleem at mindless.com
Sun Feb 10 04:12:00 CST 2002

Hi, I need to get some valued suggestions on free email
forwarding service that are reliable and in your opinion
will not start charging. Most importantly, however, they
should not go out of service for many, many years to come
(pop or imap access would be an added plus)

I have been using this email adress (@mindless.com) for around
5 years and now I get a letter from the company (iname.com)
telling me that mail forwarding will now be a premium service.
The last thing I wanna do is pay for email forwarding service.
They will continue to offer webmail (which in my opinion is more
costly for them to mantain, but they claim it will generate
revenue from banner ads unlike email forwarding). I even
suggested that I am willing to recieve 3-4 email ads
in my inbox every week and awaiting a reply, but my suggestion
will most likely not be heard.

I cannot understand why they would choose to cut on features
to compensate for losses. Why not choose to incoporate
a revenue model for free mail forwarding ? My frustrations could
make this email go on and on, but I will spare you all...

- aleem