[thelist] Event capturing and bubbling

Peter-Paul Koch gassinaumasis at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 11 04:11:00 CST 2002

Hello all,

I'm currently writing an article about event handling and naturally I have
to say something about event capturing and event bubbling.

Now I'm wondering if capturing and bubbling are very important in practice.
At the moment I think that a web developer's main worry is to turn both
capturing and bubbling off, that it's simply not used in practical
day-to-day event handling scripts.

Therefore I'd like to know if anyone knows of a good *practical* example
script where capturing and/or bubbling is used (no tutorials, just a script
that does something useful on a website). Personally I can't think of a good
implementation, but if anyone can prove me wrong, please do.

Thanks,

ppk