[thelist] site test using IE 4.5 on a mac

Julia Frizzell Julia_Frizzell at brown.edu
Mon Feb 11 12:59:01 CST 2002

At 1:41 PM -0500 2/11/02, Craig Saila wrote:
>Roger Newbrook wrote:
>>i inherited the design of this site form a partner, so no comments re design
>>please, I have been alerted to the fact that the site is not displaying
>>correctly IE 4.5 on a mac (pics showing but no text). I have no way of
>
>Could get you screen shots, but what is happening is that the text with
>the class mainBody is displaying as white. It appears, but blends into
>the background. My guess is this is because mainBody has no colour
>declaration, while mainBodyWhite does.
>
>Hope this helps.

I emailed Roger the same information, then on a whim, downloaded the
source and tried this myself. It did not work.

I noticed the side text was showing up as black, but it had a font
color tag specifically for the text. Get rid of that, and the text
inherited the color of the header tag.

So by putting in a font color tag in the body text, I was able to get
it to be black. But specifying color for both the mainBody and for
Body did not make the text show.

I'm *guessing* it's a 4.5 quirk, but have no real reason, other than
my eyes, to back that up.
--
Julia Frizzell
julia_frizzell at brown.edu