[thelist] MySQL Local dump to Remote? (very newbie)

john corry john at neoncowboy.com
Tue Feb 12 00:26:01 CST 2002

> I've got a local MySQL database that I'd like to move to a remote server.
> I've dumped the database into an SQL file but, unfortunately, the remote
> host doesn't allow phpMyAdmin on their servers (I don't know why).

This isn't really help for you, but maybe it is:

<tip type="phpMyAdmin">
It doesn't always work but...

I have connected to MySQL on a remote server before through phpMyAdmin
running on my *workstation*! Just add the remote MySQL server, username and
password to phpMyAdmin's config.inc.php file and see if it works.
</tip>

john corry