[thelist] Re: Ftp Client

DESCHAMPS Stéphane DvSI/SICoR stephane.deschamps at francetelecom.com
Tue Feb 12 09:39:11 CST 2002

> > What's your favourite FTP client and why?
>
> I use the ftp client built into dreamweaver quite a lot. It is easier
> just to do everything from within the site window than open up another
> ftp program.
> However I have started using WS_FTP since I started having to
> deal with
> .php files as dreamweaver just hangs and cannot cope with transferring
> these. WS_FTP  seems to transfer data a lot quicker than
> dreamweaver and
> also it enables you to move around directories on the remote
> server more
> easily than dreamweaver does.

I know someone's said it already but I _really_ like LeechFTP, mainly
because it enables you to multi-thread your downloads/uploads on servers
that allow it, thus sharing the bandwidth to download several files at the
same time.

Nice feature that Dreamweaver lacks. I don't like the way DW "freezes"
during the FTP, I always have the impression it freezed for good and am
tempted by a Ctrl+Alt+Del...

Anyway...

s t e f [ n o t a - b e n e . o r g ]