[thelist] browsing in Netscape 6.2 with images turned off

Nicole Parrot nicole at parrot.ca
Wed Feb 13 13:20:01 CST 2002

And enlighten me, please... (I understand you're only reporting what the guy
said, I'm asking about what his stance is..)

What's the correct use of the "ALT" tag? I have always thought that it
stands for "alternative", as in "here's an alternative way of displaying the
same info" which is not the same as the title.

I can easily put "Girl with flowers by Van Gogh" as the title of an image,
and "Main Company Logo" as the alternative information.

Nicole