[thelist] Flash movie as a rollover

Mark Groen mark at markgroen.com
Wed Feb 13 14:44:00 CST 2002

On 13 Feb 2002 at 19:35, Michael Galvin wrote:

> This one is stumping me.  I'd like to put a flash movie on my site,
> but only as a rollover'ed image.  So there's a button graphic
> (standard gif) that when rolled over, invokes the SWF file.  I've
> tried putting the SWF into a layer and then showing the layer
> onrollover, but it still shows through for some reason.
>
> Is this sort of thing possible?

Flash always likes to be on the top layer, so when you take away your
gif and the Flash loads, it won't let go of that layer. If you have access to
the .fla file, it would be easier to add the gif to that and make it the first
frame, then create an Action to go to the frame that the movie starts in
after a roll over.
MG Web Services
Web Site Hosting and Development
www.markgroen.com