[thelist] uncontrolable download - Comet Cursor

OrnsteinIan at netscape.net OrnsteinIan at netscape.net
Wed Feb 13 15:04:08 CST 2002

When I connected to my ISP today, I was confronted by a window that I could not close. It said updating Comet Cursor. When it finished and installed itself, it had attached itself to IE with another toolbar and a floating button on the main toolbar.  It irks me that some developers can be so heavy handed to dump stuff on my desktop without asking.

Later I found a shortcut on my start menu:
With a gorilla like image and a label FREE BonziBuddy.

Whats going on?

- IanO -