[thelist] Perl scripts in Mac

Andrew Forsberg andrew at thepander.co.nz
Thu Feb 14 15:39:01 CST 2002

>one (or both) of these little things are causing 500 Internal
>Errors when uploaded.  I can't tell which but I suspect it's Simpletext
>adding something invisible to the script.

Sorry, one other thing: if/when you do download bbedit, turn on the
'show invisibles' option (Edit > Text Options > Show Invisibles) when
viewing some of those simpletext documents. Another handy feature is
'zap gremlins' (Text > Zap Gremlins) which gets rid of (or replaces
with a character of your choice) the non-pure-ASCII characters.

One final thing to check for would be the line endings, you'll want
to set those to either Unix / PC depending on your target server
(although Fetch should sort this out for you).

Cheers
Andrew

--
Andrew Forsberg