[thelist] [OT] Table-less forms

Ben Henick persist1 at io.com
Fri Feb 15 03:08:01 CST 2002

On Fri, 15 Feb 2002, Frank wrote:

> >On browsers with better support...
>
> Love your complaint at the bottom of the page! And I whole heartedly
> agree.

'Ell, when I first started on the redesign Netscape 4 was going to be pure
vanilla as per a proposal I made on a site article a couple of years ago.

But because I've earned a lot of $$$ due to my willingness (reluctant
though it may be) to support Nutscrape 4, I had a change of heart.

> FYI: Mac Netscape drops it left and right- To be expected. The latest
> version of IE (5.1) on the Mac messes it up too. I personally don't
> care, I'm just sharing. Lemme know if screenshots are even remotely
> relevant. The latest PC browsers handle it well.

Please on both!  Especially the IE5/Mac capture... offlist of course.

I suspect that I already know the originating cause of the IE5/Mac issues,
and am planning to fix them either tomorrow or next week.  I don't know if
you're aware of this, but the site's a platform for an inline-pagination
script that I've been working on intermittently for the past few months
(and the contact page is just about the only page on the site that doesn't
execute it, for obvious reasons).

> I love what you've done with the background images, and the play with
> transparent gifs. Pretty nifty daddy-o.

Transparent GIF's?  I only use my trans.gif in one spot on the template,
that I know of.  Or do you mean, the fact that the nav and header gfx
(internal-wise) all have transparent backgrounds without haloes?

What really kills me is that I had to gin up 22KB BG images for Netscape
4 in order to follow through on my objectives from an art-direction
perspective.

--
Ben Henick
Web Author At-Large              Managing Editor
persist1 at io.com                  bmh at digital-web.com
--
"Are you pondering what I'm pondering, Pinky?"
"I think so, Brain, but... (snort) no, no, it's too stupid."