[thelist] CF: Building a <body> tag.

Judah McAuley judah at wiredotter.com
Fri Feb 15 12:27:01 CST 2002

Joshua Olson wrote:
> Caveat, I have not tested <cfhtmlhead> with the new buffer flushing feature
> of CF 5.0.... something tells me it would not work too well.

 From the CF 5 help file:

...Once you have used the cfflush tag on a page, any CFML function or
tag on the page that modifies the HTML header causes an error. These
include the cfcontent, cfcookie, cfform, cfheader, cfhtmlhead, and
cflocation tags. You also get an error if you use the cfset tag to set a
cookie scope variable. All errors except cookie errors can be caught
with a cfcatch type = "template" tag. Cookie errors can be caught with
cfcatch type = "Any"...

<cfflush> pretty much only works well on pages that you want to output a
lot of data while going through long loops or processes.  Running big
reports, for instance.  In normal page handling, it doesn't seem to be
that useful.

Judah