[thelist] PHP to make static web pages

Beau Hartshorne beau at members.evolt.org
Sat Feb 16 13:53:00 CST 2002

> Can anyone point me to a tutorial or example scripts that will show
> me how to use a PHP/MySQL combo to build a static web site - i.e run
> a PHP script that generates flat html files complete with links and
> database content, that I could then ftp or distribute on a CD.

There are a bunch of great tutorials at Zend. This one "will show you
how to produce static html pages using PHP":

http://www.zend.com/zend/tut/tutorial-potter.php

Someone else mentioned using a program to crawl your site. I've done
this for several sites that I've programmed with php/mysql but that are
no longer live, like this one:

http://www.cubeinc.ca/archive/hothouse/

The program I've used to do this is called HTTrack. It's free, and
available here:

http://www.httrack.com/

Cheers,

Beau