[thelist] OT: MIME format

Martin Kuplens-Ewart mkuplens at takingitglobal.org
Sat Feb 16 22:06:01 CST 2002

> --

is placed in by the evolt list server - it's a little thang they've got
running that nukes out html formatted email... most of the time the sender's
mail app has sent a plaintext version of the email along with the html...
but sometimes it hasn't, and all we get are those lonely 4 lines.

There's nothing to be done about it - other than reminding the individuals
sending html formatted email to send text-only !

<tip type="beervolts">
If you're going to have some kind of sign or summat that'll indicate that
you're the Evolt group... make sure that it's clearly visible from the
entrance door! That way, if someone comes in late, they don't have to feel
like a dork wandering around the place trying to spot the small sign.
</tip>

brought on 'cuz of my failed attempt at attending tonight's Toronto Beervolt
- couldn't spot the folks, felt awkward, left...

...luckily there was a new cybercafe three doors down so i spent some
consolation time there. :P