[thelist] evolt membership

Elfur Logadottir elfur at elfur.is
Mon Feb 18 08:40:00 CST 2002

From: "Daniel J. Cody" <djc at members.evolt.org>

[...]
| So if you
| went that route, you'd be 'members' of both thelist and the
| www.evolt.org website..
[...]
| Karen J. Bowen wrote:
| > Just curious - as members of thelist, are we also therefore members of
| > evolt.org?  Or is that separate?
[...]

and then the $64.000 question:
as members of thelist mailinglist *and* the website are we therefore members
of evolt.org? Is the evolt.org community larger than the mailing lists and
the website?

Me, i think it is larger, but i think that all those who are members of our
lists and/or our website and/or have meo accounts are evolt.org members in
the larger scope of things.

Now, as for voting rights within this membership, *that* i think needs to be
earned with some kind of participation etc. but i haven't completely nailed
down my perception of that yet. And more importantly, evolt.org hasn't
decided as much yet :)

So, to answer your question Karen, you need to combine the answers from Dan
and Rudy:
Day to day membership mainly matters with regard to our website and our
mailinglists, and as Dan said, you might be a website member, depending on
your registration choice. But if by member of evolt.org you were asking for
the greater membership then, as Rudy somewhat pointed out, there will be
such membership with the progress of the NFP status application. How, Who,
Where and all that jazz is yet to be decided, and you can weight in on that
one by signing up to theforum mailinglist, our corner for molding the
future. http://lists.evolt.org/mailman/listinfo/theforum.

thanks
the multiple one
http://members.evolt.org/elfur