[thelist] perl/sendmail/base64/mime problem

Anthony Baratta Anthony at Baratta.com
Mon Feb 18 13:47:01 CST 2002

At 11:26 AM 2/18/2002, Eric Bogs wrote:

>I'm not a PERL guru in the least, and a script on one of the sites I'm
>maintaining broke when we moved servers.
>
>The offending code is:
>
>         use MIME::Base64 qw(encode_base64);

You need to install the MIME package. I don't think that is in a default
perl setup. If you have admin access to the box you can use CPAN to install
the files.

More info:  perldoc perlmodinstall

If you admin won't do this for you, there is a way to install the packages
in your "home" directory and point to them within your perl scripts.
---
Anthony Baratta
President
Keyboard Jockeys