[thelist] MEO stuff

Lachlan Cannon tiedefenderdelta6 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 19 04:03:01 CST 2002

Ok, I have a few questions related to MEO here, and I guess
this is the right place to ask (none others really strike
me).

1. A lot of articles I've read, referred to keeping your
mysql pass outside of documents, in an include file outside
the document tree, for security, and also this way the info
is in one file so it doesn't need changing later - which
I'm aware isn't important on evolt, where I wouldn't be
changing my mysql pass anyway. But... what do people here
do to store their password/username/database name for mysql
in their space?

2. Cookies set from MEO - since I'm setting them from my
account which will be m.e.o/luminosity should the path for
cookies be set to /luminosity so they don't interfere with
other peoples?

3. Is there anything in particular that PHP has been
compiled without? I seemed to have trouble getting
php_info() to work last night. (It stopped outputting all
html at the php_info call, even though there was more after
the PHP).

TIA

Lach