[thelist] UK hosting - Fasthosts news

Olly gnarly at punkass.com
Tue Feb 19 08:22:01 CST 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: <martin.p.burns at uk.pwcglobal.com>
Subject: [thelist] UK hosting - Fasthosts news

> Something for anyone considering http://www.fasthosts.com/
>
> FASTHOSTS FACES TRADING STANDARD INQUIRY
> http://www.silicon.com/a51397

They're not bad, but not great IME. I know people who have had big problems
with them, and we've had a fair few minor ones. I've never used their
customer support though so I cant comment on that.

We've had things like domains automagically unattaching themselves from the
respective website's folder on the server so the domain no longer points
anywhere - and when you have a lot of domains and sub domains you dont tend
to notice until the customer complains...

On the plus side, their Virtual Control Panel is a fantastic application,
and makes setting up new domains and subdomains a breeze.

Cheers,

Olly.